Ticker

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Let's Get Physical" - Olivia Newton John

Saturday night was spent babysitting my God nieces. They are twins who are about a month old, Layla & Alexa.  They belong to my best friends, Jennifer and Damon. It's rough having twins, I imagine, so I offered to babysit so they could have a date night. It's funny because they are exactly like we are. We love our children but definitely make time to be away and be adults for awhile.  They had a nice time and I did as well but I tell ya, it really makes me glad that Nate and I agree on just one child. Layla was very fussy and it got kind of frustrating towards the end of the night. I have very little patience so I pray that God only blesses us with one child.  I got a little nuts and hit their pantry. Boy, those Flaming Cheetoes and crackers got the best of me. BUT I didn't have too much and I made sure to write all my points down. 

Sunday was so much fun! Nate had to work so Nathan and I headed out to my mother in laws for a visit. My sis in law and her family also made it out.  She is a WW'er too so she brought lots of salad fixin's. It was a very healthy day and I am very appreciative to her for it. It's easier when everyone else is eating healthy :) My bro in law, I found out, is also doing WW and is having great success!!  He and I have a "love/hate" relationship but it's always in good fun. So now, I feel like it's a competition and I must destroy him. >:)

Sunday night was what I was saving my points for. Our friend, Johnny, "Facebook'd" me (yes, I just turned Facebook into a verb) and asked us to dinner. We went to Wings, Pizza n Things, home of the world's best fried pickles (next to Damon's). It nearly broke my heart when they told us they no longer fry the sliced pickles, only the spears. I got them anyway. And a large (too large) salad and some grilled chicken wings with the nummy sauce. Totally worth it.

Today, Monday, was right back on track. Pretty much spent the whole day at home (off for MLK) with little man cleaning and being my usual lazy self. Though, I DID go for a 30 minute walk. It felt really good and I hope to make it a habit. Anyone want to be my walking buddy?

To me, I had the perfect WW weekend. What I mean by that is I ate what I liked, even the bad stuff, in moderation and I was responsible and had control over what I ate (even when I forgot that I was on WW for just a second on Saturday night). I am thankful that this is becoming a lifestyle change :)  Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment