Ticker

Monday, January 4, 2010

"Even Flow" - Pearl Jam

So today was a really good day. I guess it really started last night when I packed my lunch for work and wrote down all of my meals last night. Definitely have to repeat that again for tomorrow. Nate asked me if I wanted to watch the Texas game Thursday at Wings, Pizza n Things...of course, I told him no. There is NO way I can be around that stuff without digging in and that just ruins it for me. *pats self on back*

I even did my first little bit of exercise and trust me - I deserve a damn cookie. It was minus BF cold out there. I walked around my neighborhood for 30 minutes so that felt nice to do. I really didn't want to because there were other things calling my name but I said to myself, "Self, you need to do this for you. Take some time out of your day JUST for YOU!" And I did. So yay. :)

I was reading CNN.com today and saw that Time.com had an interesting article. People getting PAID to lose weight. There are also websites that do the opposite - TAKE your money if you don't meet your goal within a certain amount of time and donate it to your "anti-charity". I thought that was funny. The article is below.

Cash for Weight Loss

Ok, so KISD is really big on teaching the students about technology which, I couldn't agree more with. I love the fact that we are training kids for jobs that haven't even been created yet. That blows my mind! So, because I am a tech. convert, I've been wanting to do something really fun that the kids can create using our Mac computers. I had a Eureeka moment today. My kids will be producing a digital documentary about one of the topics of Spanish culture. They have to actually create a documentary on the computer with video, pictures, dialogue, you name it! The best part is, they don't even need a video camera. Score! :) I'll keep you posted.

Well, off to take care of my little dude. He is watching Shrek and playing with this awesome simulated moon that actually phases. Thanks, Ace & Moe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment