Ticker

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Let It Snow" - Boyz II Men

Wow, what a day! The weather peeps were predicting 100% chance of snow with a 3-5" accumulation in our area. Boy where they right! As soon as I got to school around 7:15 this morning, it started to come down. The kids were super excited as were most of the teachers. :)

We kept hearing that other schools were being released at 12 or 1 but not us! Students were allowed to go home if their parents picked them up but the bus schedule was running at the normal time. Luckily, our principal allowed us to leave about 1:45 so I was able to get outta dodge.

It was a fun day because many of my students hadn't seen snow like that. When the students dwindled down, we took some of them outside to have a snowball fight. They had a blast! It was nice to hear their laughter.

Got to my mom in laws house to pick up the little dude and decided to hop in the hot tub! Had a wonderful time with her and little dude. Yes, he joined us in the hot tub but believe it or not, he got out because it was too hot! :)  See pictures below of Judy and Nathan in the hot tub.



When Nate got home, we decided to get out in the snow and play with Nathan. We had a fun snowball fight and attempted to build a snowman. Nate built the base too big and our hands got too cold and painful. Believe it or not, we even have a sled in our garage from the previous owners of our home.  Nate pulled Nathan around in the sled for awhile. What a fun day! My sis in law is right - these are the kinds of days that memories are made.

Food wise, I did really well. I have determined to win our Biggest Loser contest at school. The pot is up to $250 and apparently, it's anyones game! I really hope I can win that. I have 3 more weigh ins so it's possible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment